incubator-general mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] KabukiProposal
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:37:52 GMT
On 24.01.2006, at 10:39, Steven Noels wrote:

> On 23 Jan 2006, at 14:30, Sam Ruby wrote:
>
>> In addition, the Kabuki project will also include server-side
>> infrastructure to facilitate the AJAX programming model.
>
> In the current download (http://www.zimbra.com/community/
> ajaxtk_download.html), all samples are designed to be shown only in
> the context of a JSP-enabled servlet container, even though the
> samples don't require one per se.

This is one of the reasons why I'm personally reluctant to get
involved more deeply at this point in time (e.g. as a committer). It
just smells too Java-specific for me at the moment and since I don't
have the time to change that I'll just keep watching for now...

OTOH this is certainly not a valid argument against incubation and
since I raised a -1 on the last proposal I'd like to express a +1
this time; the latest, substantially changed revision removed my
concerns.

Cheers,
Erik

(I know the vote passed already, just for the record, I'm always
late...)