incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Collecting Proposed changes
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 02:27:16 GMT
Some thoughts:

# [ ] - Any proposal should hit general@incubator first, No PR before that.
# [ ] - Any PR should be vetted by PRC, No Excuses.

Agree, for the Apache side of things. I'm not sure we can stop
companies doing what they are going to do, but we can certainly say
that that they shouldn't be doing so and list the reasons why (because
it mighr not be accepted, might have a different name, etc).

Also, please define "PR". Recent examples seem to think that an
individual member of the proposal's personal blog is PR, which I'm not
sure I agree with.

# [ ] - A sponsoring PMC should hold their VOTE to sponsor a proposal
or IP Clearance 72 hours *AFTER* it is posted on general@incubator

Seems back to front to me. How can you propose anything to the
incubator that you haven't decided you want to do?

- Brett