incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <ted.hus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The line between full incubation and IP clearance
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2006 20:32:31 GMT
If we are moving from the general case to the specific, then, yes, it
may be that the MyFaces PMC will decide the existing community cannot
work with the code on their own.

The MyFaces PMC might then choose to bring a proposal to the Incubator
PMC to create a podling, and see if the Incubator PMC is willing to
incubate the ADF community along with the codebase, and then later
decide if ADF should be a MyFaces subproject or a TLP (or retired).

Once the code is exposed, it's even possible that the MyFaces
community will pass on the donation, and nothing will come of this at
all.

As I've said on MyFaces dev@, these types of ADF dicussions are
premature, because no one has put the code on the table yet.

-Ted.