incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Collecting Proposed changes
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:08:30 GMT
--On December 31, 2005 2:38:48 PM -0500 Davanum Srinivas
<davanum@gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Please review the items here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ProposedChanges
>
> Please feel free to add/modify/delete or start a new thread here on
> any issue that you care about. Let's give it a week and then ask the
> incubator PMC to VOTE on items on that page.

Can we make progress on this?

Here are my votes (majority rules, no vetos).  -- justin

+1 / Yes:
 - Any proposal should hit general@incubator first, No PR before that.
 - Any PR should be vetted by PRC, No Excuses.
 - A sponsoring PMC should hold their VOTE to sponsor a proposal or IP
Clearance 72 hours *AFTER* it is posted on general@incubator
 - Any existing committer from any Apache project should be able to
volunteer to work on the proposed project within the 72 hours. Any later,
it would be through regular karma process. (To promote
inclusion/diversification from day one)
 - IP Clearance has to be OK'ed by Incubator PMC VOTE (before code gets
checked in to a sponsoring project's SVN)

-1 / No:
 - Any new proposal should have 3 ASF Members / Officers as mentors
(without regard to affiliation)
 - Any new proposal should list at least one person as a infrastucture
volunteer.
 - IP Clearance needs to be preceded by a proposal posted to
general@incubator as well
 - Petition the Board to require Incubator PMC VOTE to begin incubation
process even for projects that other PMC's want to sponsor.