incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] approve a milestone release of ActiveMQ?
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:04:48 GMT
On 31 Jan 2006, at 15:43, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> -1
>
>   * The paperwork has not been recorded by the ASF Secretary.
>     If necessary, an ASF Officer can be used as an
>     intermediary, e.g., if Ken wants to accept and ACK a FAX,
>     we can operate on his ACK.

It was meant to be faxed a long time ago; will try get clarification
of where it is ASAP

>   * I don't see a Software Grant for any of the code that came
>     over from codehaus.

I thought that software grants were only for contributions to
existing projects from commercial organisations? If we've done the
paperwork & the code is all licensed to Apache (and has always been
ASF 2.0 licensed) do we still need to do a Software Grant? I see no
mention of Software Grant on the incubation policy...
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html

>   * I have no problem with the tarballs, but the plain jars do
>     not have the disclaimer associated with them.

How should the disclaimer be associated?

>   * http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/ActiveMQ_Incubation is not
>     a substitute for http://incubator.apache.org/projects/
> activemq.html.

I don't follow; what needs to be done to activemq.html - could you
give me a hint at what this objection is & what needs to be done to
fix it?

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/