incubator-general mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <>
Subject Re: ajax proposal?
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 02:32:18 GMT
On 17.01.2006, at 03:04, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Erik Abele wrote:
>> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>> FWIW, I would want to see your technical concerns addressed before
>>> graduation, but so far, we have had little if any discussion of
>>> what those tecnical issues really are, or so it seems from the
>>> archives.
>> Remember that it's about the community not the code... maybe
>> you should add another bullet to [Incubation_Policy.html] to
>> record this new criterion as another entry and/or exit requirement
> New criteria?  I agree with you that it is about community not
> code, but
> that is because we believe that a good community fixes its code.
> So if
> someone has strong technical objections to something, and the
> community is
> not responsive to them, don't you think that represents a problem?
> For
> exit, not for entry.

Oh, of course - but for now there's no community yet so he is
complaining into the blue sky :)

I'd certainly like to see a response to the concerns raised by Martin
but OTOH I don't think that it should evolve into a discussion about
basic architectural principles or even impact the final consideration
of incubation.

It's just the initial code, nothing more :)

(OK, OK - don't make me think about the IBM PR mentioning the _multi-
million_ dollar investment for developing the derby donation.)

>> I don't understand why you are talking about code maturity
> If you mean me specifically, you might want to re-read the context
> of what
> I wrote.  :-)

Sorry, I think my mail was a bit unclear: I was primarily responding
to Martin but I see now why you did mis-interpret my intentions...
it's late over here :)

View raw message