incubator-general mailing list archives

From Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] WebWork 2 Merger Proposal
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:57:27 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Howdy,
> I like this as both a WebWork user and with my Apache hat on.
>
>> WebWork 2 will form the base of Struts Action 2.0 and is under heavy
>> active development.
>
> Just out of curiosity, how soon are you hoping to make a release out
> of the incubator?

We'd like to get an alpha release out within a few months out of
Incubator, perhaps sooner.  Personally, I'd like to have something to
talk about at our session at JavaOne this year.  The WebWork 2
development is continuing over in OpenSymphony, as they have a 2.3
release they are working on.  The primary task of the Incubator will be
to remove LGPL dependencies, which are thankfully minor.  What remains
on the Struts side is migration tools for Struts Action 1.0 users, and
building in better support for Apache projects like Tiles and Validator.

Don