incubator-general mailing list archives

From Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] WebWork 2 Merger Proposal
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:51:24 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> Interesting. As the struts PMC has already accepted, there is no vote
> needed from the incubator PMC. The mentors should ensure that they join
> the incubator PMC and start the process.

Ok, I'll join the PMC list, as I believe Martin and Ted are already
joined.  From the policy, it seems that if the Incubator PMC is deciding
to accept the proposal, the accounts, svn section, and mentors should be
chosen.  What do I need to do to assist these actions?

> One obvious question I didn't see answered -- what does the opensymphony
> project think about all this? Hopefully the answer is obvious too.

Each of the OpenSymphony members that is on this proposal has joined the
Struts dev list and publicly announced their continued support and
interest.  I can provide the email references if necessary.

> Second question (out of personal interest) -- what happens with XWork?
> IIRC that's pretty much a "core dependency" which is tied somewhat closely
> to WebWork...and has the same developers and so forth.

At this point, XWork will stay at OpenSymphony to strengthen the ties
between the two organizations, however, we are open to moving it as well.

> The third thing I'll note is that for such a long-running project
> (which IIRC moved CVS hosts a few times), all the IP vetting and
> tracking is at best non-trivial and you guys should work hard to get
> all the appropriate CLAs and CCLAs before merging codebases. Hopefully
> you already knew that too :-)

The CLAs and CCLAs of the key WebWork developers have already been
filed.  Of course the rest of the developers will be submitting theirs
as part of the Apache account process.  Is there any more paperwork we
need to do in that regard?

Thanks for the help and look forward to working with everyone,

Don