incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Incubator site status wrt a move to Anakia?
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:53:22 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>The links on the left aren't working. Every link I click on comes up
>>"file not found". I checked the generated index.html and files are set
>>to root instead of relative to local; for example, this:

>>needs to be ...

> Yeah, i don't understand how the linking operates.
> That is why i said in another thread that i cannot
> demo at my people.a.o space anymore. The docs2/* will
> function properly when it is placed at incubator.a.o
>
> We get the same situation when generating the
> infrastructure/site for e.g. a.o/dev/
>
> After generating it, cannot use local links
> and so need to browser to specific pages, e.g.
> file:///svn/asf/incubator/site/docs2/faq.html

oh! ok, thanks. I won't beat a dead horse then.  :-)

I spotchecked just a few projects (activeMQ, Roller, Solr, Woden) and
believe that all of the content has made it through your conversion ok.

The table under the "Project info" section is especially visually
confusing because there are normally quite a few blank cells -- it could
use borders if that's trivial; otherwise, easy to catch in a post
conversion cleanup.

And a table of contents at the top of the page would be nice if Anakia
can generate one.

One curious side note: I notice on linux that the generated project file
has a mix of \n and \r \n line endings. Do you see the same? --It isn't
in the source xml, so isn't a side effect of your conversion.

  -jean