incubator-general mailing list archives

From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RANT] Mission of the incubator
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:56:45 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Raphaël Luta wrote:
>

>>As you can see from the above table, the AjaxTk 2nd proposal was
>>entirely composed of # people, mentor included. AFAIK, that's
>>something that never happened in the Incubator and something I'm
>>keen not to see happening as a precedent.
>

> Actually Derby had all IBM committers initially and an IBM mentor (Ken
> Coar). We used the incubation process to successfully increase the
> diversity of the community, even when IBM bought the company employing
> our first (and then only) non-IBM committer. :-) I think everyone worked
> hard to ensure that it was an ASF project and not an IBM one.

Good point, I should have double checked all my facts before stating
something *never* happened :( It's still something I'm very
unconfortable with and would not like to see established as a pattern.

Also, if I remember correctly the graduation discussions on
general@incubator, developper community diversity was one of the key
issues raised upon graduation.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org