incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: [RANT] Mission of the incubator
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:48:12 GMT
Raphaƫl Luta wrote:

> As you can see from the above table, the AjaxTk 2nd proposal was
> entirely composed of # people, mentor included. AFAIK, that's
> something that never happened in the Incubator and something I'm
> keen not to see happening as a precedent.

Actually Derby had all IBM committers initially and an IBM mentor (Ken
Coar). We used the incubation process to successfully increase the
diversity of the community, even when IBM bought the company employing
our first (and then only) non-IBM committer. :-) I think everyone worked
hard to ensure that it was an ASF project and not an IBM one.

Dan.
(disclaimer - I work for IBM).