incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: ajax proposal?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:09:26 GMT
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> What's the status of the vote? I'm confused by calls to repeal the vote
> and modifications to the vote and all that. I thought we were spsed to
> be a simple bunch of, um, people but it sure doesn't look like it! ;-)

Overview of what occurred:

1) on 12/20, Adam Peller posted a proposal for comments (not a vote!).
The most significant comments related to the inclusion of Eclipse
components, and the perception of this being an umbrella.

2) on 1/15, I posted a signficantly reduced proposal for a vote.
Missing from that proposal is any Eclipse componentry.  Justin asked for
a clarification regarding server components, and there were numereous
requests for a new name.  Some questions were raised as to whether a
Zimbra employee could make an adequate mentor.  On 1/19, Leo and Geir
asked for a new vote.

3) on 1/23, I posted a new vote on a proposal now named Kabuki.  Here
are links to the current proposal, to the set of changes, and to the
start of the current vote thread:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/KabukiProposal
http://tinyurl.com/e3egs
http://tinyurl.com/7emr5

> Am I spsed to vote my choice at this time or is there no vote going on?

Yes there is a vote going on.  Please do vote.

- Sam Ruby