incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [doc] "Getting Started in the Incubator" topic
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:21:20 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

>> Here's another starter installment for the "Incubator Guidelines
>> Documentation" project Noel posted at
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200512.mbox/%3cNBBBJGEAGJAKLIDBKJOPAEBMFGAC.noel@devtech.com%3e

> <vast snippage>
>
> I initialized a page for new committers here and will incorporate
> feedback as it gets posted:
>
>   http://incubator.apache.org/guides/committer.html

Just a few minor nits :)

The name of the commits list is typically -commits (plural). I would
also suggest to prepend a hyphen to the generic names of the lists,
i.e.,

   "Subscribe to the -user, -dev, and -commits lists for your project."

In this sentence

   "Become aware of what else is going on in the Incubator by subscribing
   to the general at incubator.apache.org list."

the "general at incubator.apache.org" is a link but not the mailto:
kind implied by the text. I suggest to change the text so as not
to imply the mailto: kind of a link (along the same lines as the
community, infrastructure, and legal-discuss lists in the bullet
below). Ditto in the Questions section.

Btw., I'm curious if there is a recommended convention for the use
of email addresses on our Web pages: should they be obfuscated like
the one above or is it okay to use the actual email address?

Also, I noticed a typo here:
   http://incubator.apache.org/learn/newcommitters.html

"signicant" should read "significant."

Martin