incubator-general mailing list archives

From "David N. Welton" <dav...@dedasys.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for OFBiz to Join the ASF
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 07:15:57 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>I was actually under the impression [that] the wiki was
>>the place to leave this sort of thing

> During the collaborative phase of the PROPOSAL, the Wiki is used as a common
> edit space.  When the VOTE comes up, the final propoal MUST be included in
> the VOTE e-mail, else that e-mail will be rejected.

Ok - we collaborated privately at first, via email, so the wiki wasn't
necessary.

> It is also good to try to ensure that discussion has settled down, and that
> there is a consensus before calling for the vote.  I generally believe that
> a good ASF vote isn't called to make a decision; it is called to ratify one.

Alright - so, in terms of procedure, what happens next and who can make
it happen?  The Incubator PMC votes on accepting the project?  I think
we're ready for that, unless there are further questions.

--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting