incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] AJAX Toolkit Proposal - Updated (Again)
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 03:10:49 GMT
Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> How do you fit in / are going to fit in with
> http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/atf/ ?
> Zimbra is mentioned there.

If you look closely, that proposal closely matches the diffs between the
first draft and second draft of the AJAX Toolkit Proposal that was
presented here.

In short, the ASF was originally the first choice for where that code
would continue to be developed.

Based on the feedback received here and elsewhere, an executive decision
was made, and as far as I know, the proposal is receiving a warm welcome
at Eclipse.

I would suggest that those who want there to be one or more AJAX
projects at the ASF take a moment and consider how to make constructive
suggestions on how to make that happen.

And, should you feel so inclined, feel free to update the Kabuki proposal:

   http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/KabukiProposal

- Sam Ruby