incubator-general mailing list archives

From "David N. Welton" <dav...@dedasys.com>
Subject Incubator PMC vs Board as sponsor (Re: Proposal for OFBiz to Join the ASF)
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:15:48 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Friday 13 January 2006 04:27, David E. Jones wrote:
>
>>As I understand it in order to become a top level project the Board
>>must be the sponsor, which is why the proposal was written that way.
>

> That is a misconception. For projects targetting top-level, EITHER the Board
> or the Incubator PMC must sponsor.
> Board doesn't like to sponsor, and do so only in exceptional cases. So the
> Incubator PMC is the right folks to address. (And probably why you get the
> "What is this doing here?" response from the Board.)

IMO this is a "buglet" with
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html

which I filed here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-10

If you're reading that for the first time, or even if you're an ASF
member like me who hasn't dealt with incubation before, it doesn't give
you a sense for which one is the best to use.

If someone grants me the relevant SVN karma and points me to the right
checkout url, I will fix this and the other two bugs I filed as well.

--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting