incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Changes to Incubator process(es)
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:53:33 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:

>> [ -1 ] - IP Clearance needs to be preceded by a proposal posted to
>> general@incubator as well
>
> A PMC isn't allowed to discuss wanting to bring code in?
>
>> [ +1 ] - IP Clearance has to be OK'ed by Incubator PMC VOTE (before  code
>> gets checked in to a sponsoring project's SVN)
>
> Isn't this required now?

I realize I was confused.  Why are we voting these points?  All IP Clearance,
shorthand incubator processes are voted on by the sponsoring PMC, presented to
the incubator, and voted to graduate the code by the Incubator PMC.  Then,
finally the sponsoring PMC votes to accept the vetted work.

As it should be; no need for change, no problems exist.  If your proposal, to
have Incubator PMC vote to accept *all* code (overriding the sponsoring PMC),
fails to attract support (as appears to be happening), then any voting on this
point is redundant.

Bill