incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <>
Subject Re: AJAX Toolkit Proposal - Updated
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:46:20 GMT
Ross Dargahi wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
> Enclosed please find a revised contribution proposal for the Ajax
> Toolkit which takes into account the principal feedback that we have
> received to date. We welcome a further dialog on the merits of this
> submission.

Because this was sent by someone who hasn't subscribed to the mailing
list, it has been placed in the moderation queue.

Not being subscribed (and therefore, unlikely to actively participate in
the inevitable follow-ups), and having been sent by a "Co-founder, VP"
is not likely to elicit a positive reaction.

I've taken the liberty of subscribing you both, and moderating your
email in.

Recommendations: try to respond in 24-48 hours to questions, comments,
and concerns.  The biggest purpose of this exercise is for the ASF to
get to know you.

Try NOT to ever get defensive.  Acknowledging issues and demonstrating a
willingness to work on them is the best way to gain friends and allies.
  If something particularly bad is said (hey, it happens), try to hold
back and see if others will come to your defense.

If you have any questions, let me know.

- Sam Ruby

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: