incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept Solr into incubator
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:05:09 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>   (a) you should identify the additional ASF folks,
>       and get them down either as comitters and/or
>       Mentors.  Was there a reason for excluding
>       them from the proposal?

None whatsoever.  If their statements of willingness to help meant that
they'd like to be initial committers or mentors, that's fine with me.  I
just did not understand them that way.

>   (b) the Lucene PMC should be voting to sponsor
>       the project for Incubation, including making
>       sure that Mentors are all lined up.

The Lucene PMC has already voted in favor of this.  Erik noted that
around the original proposal.  The incubation documentation only
mentions a single mentor, so we thought that was covered too.  But we're
open to more mentors and more initial committers.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message