incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@nutch.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Solr
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:50:58 GMT
Yonik Seeley wrote:
> I would like to propose a new Apache project named Solr.
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/SolrProposal
> The project is being proposed as a sub-project of Lucene, and the
> Lucene PMC has agreed to be the sponsor.

+1

I am very excited about this contribution: it fills a huge need.  It's
existing developers are well known in the Lucene community for their
technical expertise and abilities to collaborate.  It should be easy to
build a diverse developer community around this project.  In the few
weeks since I learned that CNET would contribute this code I have
already discussed it with folks at several large companies and they
seemed quite interested in having their developers join such a project.
  So I think this should move quickly through the incubator.

Doug