incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: ajax proposal?
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 02:23:14 GMT
Martin Cooper wrote:
> On 1/4/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:
>
>> So .. amidst all of our soul searching .. what'd we decide to do with
>> the Ajax proposal from IBM et al.?? Did I miss the vote and decision??
>>

> I don't believe there is a sponsoring PMC at this point.
>
> Personally, I would prefer that the ASF not accept _any_ AJAX framework at
> this point in time. The area is relatively new and in a great deal of flux
> right now, and "crowning" one of them with the ASF brand will create a de
> facto standard instead of letting the market decide, whether we like it or
> not.
>
> I realise that the Incubator doesn't work that way, though, and that plenty
> of people don't seem to care / mind that we'd create a (premature, IMHO) de
> facto standard, but I can always hope. ;-)

I am confused - why can't there be multiple ajax projects at somepoint?
As the perlers say, "there is more than one way to do things." See my
note in a previous thread about multiple web app frameworks, etc, etc[1].

- Dan

1.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200512.mbox/%3c43A87503.6030907@envoisolutions.com%3e

> --