incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Prototype of new (Forrest generated) Incubator site
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 06:45:56 GMT
I've been wanting to create a skin for Forrest that looks like that at
http://www.apache.org for some time. Mostly because the default Forrest
skins are, well "old".

The recent thread here discussing Forrest as a tool has finally prompted
me into action (congrats to anyone deliberately provoking us to make
this happen ;-). I've built the Incubator site using it.

My intention is only to illustrate just how easy it is to configure
Forrest to work the way you want. To use it there is just a little
editing of skinconf.xml and a one line change to forrest.properties. If
anyone feels inclined to build the incubator site with this new skin let
me know, I'll even provide a patch (why not do it myself? because
momentum is against Forrest and I have no interest in wasting my time,
so ask for it)

It is not (yet) a perfect copy of the main ASF site. We still need some
work on the finer details. However, I hope this is enough to give you a
"feel".

This was about 1.5 hours work, I may be a Forrest dev, but I am no CSS
wizard, so that is pretty quick work I think.

You can view the prototype skin at:
http://people.apache.org/~rgardler/testingGround/coat/

Ross