incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Super Simple Site Generation Tool
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:29:43 GMT
Mads Toftum wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 08:41:35AM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>
>>The fact that we have to rely on a human being means to me (and probably
>>where Mads is coming from) that the entire workflow is broken.  -- justin
>>

> Exactly! Depending on a 3rd party as part of the process is what really
> blows my mind. I also begin to understand part of the frustration on
> Davids side for spending so much time keeping an unappreciated workflow
> up and running.

There is no need to depend on a third party, any commiter can do it.

See the instrcutions for publishing the Forrest site (very small set of
instructions):

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/etc/publishing_our_site.txt

(NB I'm not sure if David has set it up like this here or not, but it is
easy to do so)

---

What's really interesting is that even on the Forrest project we have
this same problem. Even though David has worked really hard to make
publishing so easy and even though everyone in the Forrest committer
list knows Forrest very well, it is still very rare that anyone else
actually does this publication - David is tireless for us too.

My point (others have made this same point)?

It is irrelevant how easy you make the process - people just don't do it!