incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Dargahi <ro...@zimbra.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] AJAX Toolkit Proposal - Updated
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:59:54 GMT
Hi folks,

First off, I would like to thank everyone for taking interest in the ajax toolkit incubator
proposal and for the time folks are taking in providing feedback. From reading the various
postings, there seems to be three areas of concern:

1) Project name. The issue here seems to be that the project name not be too general. I think
that fixing this should not be a big issue.

2) Scope. Concern here stems around the breadth of the project. I think that some folks may
be having some trouble drawing a box around what exactly is included in the scope of this
project. Bottom line this project provides an SDK for developing ajax apps. The SDK includes
the usual things one would expect such as network programming packages, utilities, UI components
etc. There is a whitepaper on the Zimbra website that provides an overview of what is included
in the toolkit. The URL for it is:
http://www.zimbra.com/pdf/Zimbra AJAX TK Whitepaper.pdf

3) Technical issues. This is the area where I personally would love to see some more concrete
discussion. From the various posts, it seems that a some folks have issues with the architecture
and/or implementation of the code that Zimbra is contributing. I am having trouble diserning
what exactly these concerns/issues are. I think it would be great if those with such concerns
could perhaps post some details so that we can get some discussion going around them.

Cheers

Ross