incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator site status wrt a move to Anakia?
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:59:41 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > >
> > > There seem to be DOS end-of-line markers only for text
> > > lines within <p> and <li> elements, etc.
> > >
> > > This must be fixed because cannot do 'svn add' with such
> > > a mess.
> > >
> > > No idea where they come from. The xdocs2/stylesheets/site.vsl
> > > is clear of them.

I had done post-processing on the Forrest xdoc output
to word-wrap the long paragraphs that were in the
source html. This helps to make future diffs be readable.
Perhaps there is a relic that causes difficulty for Anakia.

Today i will investigate.

> > > Would someone familiar with Velocity/Anakia please help.
>
> > It is a serious impediment.
>
> It would be kind of ironic if having complained about Forrest, when the
> Forrest team were so helpful and active here, that after converting to
> anakia, no one is around to help with the new process.

Something that i have wondered for a long time.
I reckon that each project needs a number of people
who actually oversee the publishing process.
They facilitate smooth operation to make it easy
for others to do the publishing. It is not their
job to actually do it, but to facilitate.

Without such, a project is dysfunctional.

> > Okay, the conversion is finished now and the new site is published.
>
> Thanks for all of your effort.

Thanks for appreciation.

-David