incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator site status wrt a move to Anakia?
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 02:02:48 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> It is time to make a plan for the move to Anakia.
> We cannot afford for it to drag on any longer.
>
> ---------------
> 1) Review the generated source documents in site/xdocs2
>
> Did the transformation perform okay?
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site/README.txt

Okay i did some myself. With projects/*
two that had *.html source (harmony and synapse)
and two that had *.cwiki source (jackrabbit and apollo).

The data seems to be transformed properly.
I only did eyeball diffs. There are some issues.

The third-level section headings are present
but not rendered. This is issue 2) below.

With the docs that come from *.html source,
some of these have un-necessary <br> elements
inside <td> elements. The Anakia stylesheet
seems to choke on these. The important effect
is those table cells are not displayed.
For example, see the committers list at
http://people.apache.org/~crossley/incubator-anakia/projects/synapse.html

Would someone fix the stylesheet please.

I also checked a few documents at ip-clearance.
Seems okay, although the source had confused
section heading levels, which is carried over.

So i reckon that these are not holdups.

> 2) Refine the stylesheet
>
> site/xdocs2/stylesheets/site.vsl
>
> Seen only one problem so far. It needs to handle
> more than two levels of subsection.
>
> This can be fixed later.

See above.

-David