incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Incubator site status wrt a move to Anakia?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:21:30 GMT
Dude,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 06:29:52PM +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> Here is the result of my experiment ...
> Thanks to the Forrest project for the new abilities.

+1. Amazing. Kudos to you and the other forrest peeps for turing complaints
into feature requests and implementing the right bits. I hope the "howto"
for doing this stuff gets documented...

> Good result.

Some stuff

-- http://people.apache.org/~crossley/incubator-anakia/faq.html
   missing the questions!

-- http://people.apache.org/~crossley/incubator-anakia/howtoparticipate.html
   seems to also be missing some headers.

-- http://people.apache.org/~crossley/incubator-anakia/ip-clearance/index.html
   missing a title

Nothing to do with the conversion...but noting these as I clicked around...

-- http://people.apache.org/~crossley/incubator-anakia/resolution.html
   should probably point out how PMC roster and chair is different
   today

-- http://people.apache.org/~crossley/incubator-anakia/whoweare.html
   PMC roster here is outdated. Should update, and in the meantime
   point at the SVN location for the "official" roster

-- left hand menu says "mailing lists" while it points to the
   "how to participate" doc. This is confusing.

-- http://people.apache.org/~crossley/incubator-anakia/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html
   I was amazed that we don't actually *have* any entry requirements on the site
   (it says "need to provide a short list"). How on earth has everyone been writing
   these things? Copy-paste? Kudos to the people working on this :-)

-- several pages contain email addresses. Can we obfuscate those a little?
   Should help the moderators a little...

-- http://people.apache.org/~crossley/incubator-anakia/guides/chair.html
   Quite a bit of this content is not incubator-specific. I'm sure it'd make
   sense to centralize.

cheers!

LSD