incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] AJAX Toolkit Proposal - Updated
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 03:34:33 GMT
On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 08:42:17PM -0500, Sam Ruby wrote:
> The discussion has died down, and the time has come to call for a VOTE
> to see if the incubator wants to sponsor and accept this proposal for
> incubation.

Looking at the wiki page and a cursory glance at the source, my question is
one of scope:

Where does Ajax Toolkit fit in the entire development/content model?

(FWIW, I'd no problems calling it AjaxTK if Zimbra permitted.)

I see .java files - that has nothing to do with AJAX, so I'm sort of
confused.  I'd be expecting to see, well, only JavaScript.  So, I'm not
so sure that the following statement is accurate:

  The Zimbra AJAX Development Toolkit provides a rich client library, similar
  in style to traditional object-oriented widget libraries like Eclipse's
  SWT. This toolkit hides implementation details and browser quirks and makes
  web development more accessible to the enterprise developer. It provides

If it has .java files, it isn't a 'client library'.  So, I want to make
sure we clarify where the boundaries are, so stupid people like me can make
calls as to whether there's scope creep or not.  -- justin