incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ajax proposal?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 04:59:45 GMT

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Martin Marinschek wrote:

> We could of course also set-up quality standards which have to be
> fullfilled before the project _leaves_ incubation. That's a good bar
> to set...
>
> As the name "MyFaces" has been mentioned quite a bit, I'll explain our
> situation. We currently use the prototype framework (one of the widely
> used projects in the market, which Martin Cooper by the way doesn't
> like either, due to namespacing issues). So, if Zimbra has the same
> problems, we don't really have a need for the library.

Whether I like Prototype or not isn't really the point. The point is that
I *care* about the quality of what we build here at the ASF. Prototype
can very easily cause problems when combined with other JavaScript code,
and this situation is even worse in a portlet environment, so I simply
want to make sure that the MyFaces team isn't setting itself up for
problems by relying on it.

--
Martin Cooper