incubator-general mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Woden Milestone Release
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:46:56 GMT
Dear incubator pmc members,
Can you please cast your VOTE for a Woden milestone release? See below
for my +1.

Sanjiva, Paul,
We need 3 +1's. So i'd appreciate if you could respond quickly.
Quoting Roy "Minimum three binding (official PMC) +1 votes and a
majority of all votes being positive.  Releases do not need
consensus."

thanks,
dims

On 1/22/06, Lawrence Mandel <lmandel@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> Following the release process for projects in incubation, I'd like to request approval
for Woden to declare milestone 3. A vote was held on the woden-dev list where M3 received
5 +1 votes and no negative votes. The votes collected are as follows:

incubating in their names. The M3 archives can be found at http://cvs.apache.org/dist/ws/woden/milestones/1.0.0M3-incubating/.

>  My original post summarizing Woden 1.0.0 M3 is below.
>
> Please vote by 5pm EST, Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2006.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Lawrence Mandel
>

> ----- Forwarded by Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM on 01/22/2006 03:22 PM -----
>
>  Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
>
> 01/18/2006 04:55 PM
>
> Please respond to
>  woden-dev
>

> To woden-dev@ws.apache.org
>
> cc pmc@incubator.apache.org, pmc@ws.apache.org
>
> Subject Woden 1.0.0 M3 Candidate - please vote by EOD Thursday, Jan. 19
>

>  Woden committers, I'd like to request your vote on the status of M3. I've placed a Woden
1.0.0
>  M3 Candidate build at
>
>  http://cvs.apache.org/dist/ws/woden/milestones/1.0.0M3-incubating/
>
>  The Woden M3 candidate includes the major work items from the M3 plan.
>  Specifically, the following items are complete in the M3 Candidate:
>
>  Parsing of WSDL 2.0 import and include (DOM)
>  WSDL 2.0 Service parsing (DOM)
>  Implement validation logic for Binding
>  Unit tests for validation logic for Binding
>  Integrate W3C WSDL 2.0 Binding tests into Woden test suite
>
>  The following items are incomplete in the M2 plan:
>
>  Unit tests for import and include parsing (DOM)
>  WSDL 2.0 HTTP Binding extension (DOM)
>  Unit tests for HTTP Binding extension (DOM)
>  Unit tests for Service parsing (DOM)
>  Investigate WSDL 2.0 parsing with StAX
>  Update technical documentation about Woden design and implementation on Wiki
>  Create initial user documentation
>
>  In an effort to make Woden more immediately usable, we deferred HTTP Binding extension
work to M4 in favour of adding support for WSDL import and include elements. StAX will continue
to be an investigation item until the DOM implementation is close to complete or we get more
development help. John and I are working on user documentation and should have it ready for
the Woden site around the proposed M3 release on Friday. Automated tests for the parser continue
to require attention but, as John has conducted manual testing and the W3C test suite has
been integrated into the Woden automated test suite, we are in good shape for M3.

>  Both John and I think Woden is in good shape to declare M3 as solid progress has been
made on the parser and the validator. At this point we'd like to ask the Woden committers
to vote on the status of M3. John and I both vote +1 (so +2). Please vote ASAP. We will collect
votes until EOD (5pm EST) Thursday, Jan. 19. If there are no negative votes I will then request
WS and Incubator PMC approval to release M3 by EOD Friday, Jan. 20. Once the PMCs approve,
M3 will be declared and a link will be placed on the Woden site. (Feel free to reply to this
note with any concerns over this process.)