incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ajax proposal?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:42:39 GMT

> Martin Cooper wrote:
>
> > I *care* about the quality of what we build here at the ASF. [X]
> > can very easily cause problems when [...]
>
> I have no problem with either of the above (redacted) sentences.  However,
> the answer, in my view, is not to wait for X to become perfected
> elsewhere.
> Rather, if there is something wrong, and it is here, contribute to fixing
> it, even if the contributions are just kibbitzing.

Which is exactly what I've been doing over in MyFaces-land, by explaining
(or trying to explain, anyway) the issues with the use of Prototype in the
MyFaces ecosystem. I'm not a MyFaces committer, and I don't even use JSF,
but I'm still trying to help.

As for whether I get involved with the Zimbra toolkit, and try to help them
see the light, I need to make a personal decision between putting my energy
into that, here at the ASF, or putting it into a non-ASF project that is
already on the right track. I know I don't have the energy to do both. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper

Even if you don't contribute code, if you raise perfectly valid issues, and