incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AJAX Toolkit Framework Proposal
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:58:36 GMT
On 12/21/05, Sam Ruby <rubys@apache.org> wrote:

> Craig McClanahan wrote:
> >
> >>From a software engineering viewpoint, focusing on a single tool
>
> Have you any other tools in mind?  Bring them on!

Actually, I don't -- tooling-specific adaptations of generic technologies
seem best fitted to the corresponding tool development communitiies, with
participation from all relevant parties in the generic technology
development discussions.

Apparently, neither do you, or this proposal would have made this explicit,
and you'd have had representatives of other tooling folks directly involved,
rather than being totally focused on Eclipse plugins and SWT
implementations.

Once again, let me state that the goal is to seed a non-exclusive AJAX
> community at the ASF.

The Zimbra part of the proposal could, I suppose, be held to aim at that
goal.  If you believe proposing an Eclipse-only tooling story (apparently to
the exlusion of at least some folks in the Eclipse Foundation :-) forwards
this goal, I would suggest taking this part of the proposal back for some
serious editing.

Craig