incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: storing documentation in Subversion
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:21:37 GMT
On 20 Dec 2005, at 04:10, David Crossley wrote:

> With the advent of new documentation management tools
> (e.g. Lenya, JackRabbit, Daisy) and their potential
> use by ASF projects for their project documentation,
> we are seeing questions about how to enable the
> storage of the sources for documentation.
> In my opinion we should continue to use SVN.

You're talking about
pageId=1692 or
489.html IIUC (just two examples).

* Why would CMSes opt for SVN as a storage component, given the fact
that SVN for instance doesn't offer query capabilities and has been
designed to manage source code primarily?
* Should this become a requirement, and no-one goes through the pain of
actually writing a usable CMS on top of SVN, isn't this killing

Steven Noels
Outerthought                              Open Source Java & XML
stevenn at                stevenn at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message