incubator-general mailing list archives

From Adam Peller <apel...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: AJAX Toolkit Framework Proposal
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:34:25 GMT
Sanjiva,

My bad. I just meant the AJAX toolkit portion of Zimbra.

-adam

             Sanjiva
             Weerawarana
             <sanjiva@opensour                                          To
             ce.lk>                    general@incubator.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             12/21/2005 03:33          Andy Pflaum
             AM                        <andy.pflaum@zimbra.com>, Chris
                                       Boni <chris.boni@zimbra.com>, David
                                       Boloker/Somers/IBM@IBMUS, Krishna
             Please respond to         Akella/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Ross
                  general              Dargahi <ross@zimbra.com>, Sam
                                       Ruby/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, scott
                                       dietzen <scott.dietzen@zimbra.com>,
                                       Craig Becker/Austin/IBM@IBMUS,
                                       Leugim A Bustelo/Austin/IBM@IBMUS,
                                       Becky Gibson/Westford/IBM@Iris,
                                       Javier H
                                       Pedemonte/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Donald
                                       Sedota/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: AJAX Toolkit Framework Proposal

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 23:18 -0500, Adam Peller wrote:

> 2) The other subproject is Zimbra itself, but there may be other runtimes
> here as well.  As you say, the main goal here is to provide layers of
> abstraction to hide the traditional browser tricks and quirk modes to
make
> browser-based programming more productive, and Zimbra does this well.

Did you really mean all of Zimbra or just the toolkit part?? I believe
Zimbra includes an email client platform as well .. and something
they're pushing with a dual license model (which clearly does not sit
well with us once code starts coming in from other contributors).

Thanks for the long explanation!

Sanjiva.