incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [RT] Super Simple Site Generation Tool
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:52:05 GMT
[Sorry for the delayed response ... spent a few days rebuilding my laptop.]

David tried to get people interested in the issue, constructively, back in
November.

 ref:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200511.mbox/%3c20
051104063158.GA932@igg.indexgeo.com.au%3e

Please review David's post from almost two months ago, and contribute
constructively to the discussion.

There is no need to waste an hour.  For one thing, we've told people
repeatedly to just publish their HTML changes, and that the site will be
taken care of for them.

All tools have issues.  Anakia remains the one I am most comfortable with,
but I have even had issues with anakia, which we use with JAMES, trying to
manage the occassionally annoying project stylesheet.  And Maven ... well,
no thanks.

In any event, there are a variety of ways forward.  Alex, Ted, Serge and
others appear to like the idea of a authentication restricted Confluence to
use for generating HTML.  Daisy is used by Cocoon for similar purposes.  But
most of the discussion probably belongs on the site-dev@a.o list, where
we're trying to bring some semblance of sanity to the overall ASF site
management process.

	--- Noel