incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:09:37 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Changing a mailing list is stil painful "further downstream".
> Eg with the MARC archive or mail-archive.com or gmane or
> whatever.

We don't support any of those.  We provide the raw and mod_mbox archives,
and those are what we support.  As you said, "there are other concerns that
overrule this technical argument."

> In the HTTP space, we have lots of tools for URI management

> in the email space (eg mailto:foo@apache.org) we don't have it
> (we just have a simple form of a "Redirect" that doesn't propagate,

We have the ability to map from the old address to the new one, and that can
be kept for as long or as short as necessary.

	--- Noel