incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Is the incubator out of control?
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2005 02:37:20 GMT
Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> We can't keep a low bar for incoming incubating projects and allow for
> this confusion.  We may indeed need a multibrand strategy when it
> comes to incubating projects.

Branding is orthogonal to the entry barrier.

I realize that some people are concerned about corporate involvement for PR.
Corporate involvement is not a bad thing.  Loss of diversity and control is
a concern.  Improper use of the brand is a concern.  But corporate
involvement is not an a priori concern.  Actually, one of the things
concerning me more is a stealth involvement where there is a corporate
involvement with many *undisclosed* tentacles.

	--- Noel