incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: The line between full incubation and IP clearance
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:23:27 GMT
Dims,

> it's been a line in the sand AFAIK, i guess it's Noel's call.

-1

Although that might be technically true, we do things collectively in the
ASF.  Mind you, we've not had a process for voting on IP Clearance type
submissions, so that's been a potential loophole.

> I think we should insist on a full incubation for
> Cherokee/Tomahawk/ADF (whatever it's name is today)

I responded on the generic issue, but as for this specific submission, I
don't know enough about it, yet.  I just got back on e-mail today for the
first time since Friday, so I've got some reading to do.  :-)  Please feel
free to reply to my e-mail to Martin with your observations, but change the
subject to reflect the specific, rather than general.  :-)

	--- Noel