incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [RT] Super Simple Site Generation Tool
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:10:13 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> I think what it comes down to is what we want here for the
> incubator is a "stable", or preferably "mature" tool, and
> forrest really is currently too much of a moving target

That can be addressed, in part, by packaging Forrest in our site build
structure, so that when you checkout the Incubator site, you get everything
you need to build it.  We do that with JAMES; everything you need comes with
the checkout, including the specific versions of ant, phoenix, DBCP, etc.,
that we use.  All in that one tree.  And when you're done, if you delete the
tree, there are no droppings left elsewhere.

> I'm not going to be "happy" until I have a site generation tool I can
> basically "forget about".

That's a fair, but potentially orthogonal issue.

	--- Noel