incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [RT] Super Simple Site Generation Tool
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 20:47:54 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> I am +1 for dumping Forrest.  I never grok why something so simple as
> our static website needs something so complicated to build it.

Forrest does do some things for us, such as generating what I do consider to
be a somewhat nicer looking site with collapsable menus and tabbed
navigation than we have for the main site, JAMES, httpd, et al.  YMMV.

> What's wrong with the xdoc/Anakia approach?

Nothing, necessarily.  David Crossley tried to put together a constructive
discourse regarding site construction almost two months ago, and got almost
no feedback.

> And honestly, besides poking in the ApacheCon logo at the
> appropriate times of the year, who ever edits the Anakia doc?

I do, every time I need to change the side menu, or other global item.

	--- Noel