incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Is the incubator out of control?
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:12:13 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I have never envisioned a case where the Incubator would
> be at odds with the desires of the PMCs and the members.

  As Geir noted, I can see the potential for the former, but of the latter,
I would hope not.  The Members are the Incubator in many real ways, and the
Incubator exists to directly serve the interests of the ASF Membership.

> I would see such as thing (denying acceptance) as something that
> would require as much reason and rationale as a code-based veto
> would; much more so, in fact.

Are you suggesting that graduation from the Incubator should be vetoable,
i.e., treated as a vote on code rather than treated as policy?

	--- Noel