incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: [RT] Super Simple Site Generation Tool
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2005 02:54:44 GMT

> Some troubles at the ASF are that:
> a) We cannot run java-based applications on apache
> hardware (perhaps when the zones.a.o machine is
> out of testing phase).

> b) There are various projects using Forrest
> but no ASF-wide installation for them to use
> server-side.

 - zones is out of testing
 - we have new hardware that is being donated

If you need a place to run your code, please see infra@ for help getting it

> c) The results are committed to SVN (which is
> nice because it enables easy site restoral and
> other things).

Alternative would be to have source materials in SVN, and generated
artifacts in the site-build server.  But you know all about that proposal.

	--- Noel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message