incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [RT] Super Simple Site Generation Tool
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 20:47:52 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> > In any event, there are a variety of ways forward.  Alex, Ted,
> > Serge and others appear to like the idea of a authentication
> > restricted Confluence to use for generating HTML.

> I think that we should have a neutral open format that our docs

Yes.  HTML or XML/XSLT.  Confluence would be used as an HTML editor, as I
understand their proposal.

> Confluence isn't that, and you can't work offline.

Fair drawback, since I doubt that if one edits the HTML in SVN directly,
that Confluence would be able to pick up the changes.  OTOH, isn't this how
Cocoon is doing their docs now, albeit with Daisy?

	--- Noel