incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:35:06 GMT
My personal preference is to have incubated sub-projects use mailing
lists and websites within the TLP containing a notice header that the
project is under incubation (and may die).  My understanding is that
you feel having the email address containing the word "incubator"
will warn users, and I believe that we can achieve the same (or
better) with a mail footer that contains the notice. Note: we already
have footers automatically added to every email.

Regardless, my desire for consistency vastly out weighs my arguments
above, so if the this policy change is approved by the incubator
community, I would like to see all mailing lists (with the exception
of the few that are about to graduate) be changed to @incubator.

-dain