incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Is the incubator out of control?
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:43:00 GMT
On Dec 23, 2005, at 5:14 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> On Dec 22, 2005, at 6:23 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> On Dec 22, 2005, at 10:53 AM, Erik Abele wrote:
>>>
>>> So nobody has the right but you do? Or how can your smack-down of
>>> the Tuscany proposal be interpreted?
>>
>> Because Tuscany was proposed to the incubator PMC (not another PMC)
>> and I do have a vote here.
>
> It's interesting to note that if Dims would have, as he suggested
> in one of his Email messages, to simply have the WS PMC vote
> on the proposal as is, and it would have passed it, Roy's
> concerns would have been totally moot. So no matter how good
> or vague the proposal, if voted on by a PMC, it's allowed.

Yes, and I trust the other PMCs to be responsible for their
own actions.

I think people forget that the Incubator is just a place where
people incubate their own projects.  The PMC doesn't incubate them.
The PMC is just the collective dude with a finger on the
good egg/bad egg reject button.

....Roy