incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:30:04 GMT
-0 for the same reason as Cliff; I'd much rather folks not have to
change mail lists (even if its not hard for infrastructure to
change). There is already a status file so its obvious to anyone who
cares what the status is of a project, I don't see why we need to
force email addresses to reflect the status as well.

On 20 Dec 2005, at 01:39, Cliff Schmidt wrote:
> On 12/17/05, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
>> Please vote on the following:
>>
>>   New mailing lists should be created under the
>>   @incubator.apache.org domain, just as all of
>>   the other project resources, e.g., the web
>>   site and SVN subtree.
>
> -0, and here's why:
>
> - I think identification of the incubating status of projects is very
> important, but I personally prefer Dain's suggestion of adding a
> footer message to mailing list posts (maybe with a shorter version of
> the disclaimer required in READMEs), which might be more effective
> than the mailing list address.
>
> - I think that the domain name should reflect the sponsoring project,
> whether that is the Incubator PMC or some other PMC.
>
> - I would have been -1, if it wasn't for the fact that Noel says that
> it is a minimal infra cost to move mailing lists now.
>
> Cliff

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/