incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Super Simple Site Generation Tool
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:27:23 GMT

On Dec 27, 2005, at 10:03 PM, David Crossley wrote:

> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>>
>> Example: last apachecon, Geir was trying to update geronimo.html, it
>> took 30+ mins before asking for help. It took me 15+ minutes to
>> figure
>> out that geronimo.html was not being linked from any page in the web
>> site. So we lost close to an hour of hackathon time trying to do
>> something really simple and silly - add a line of text to the
>> geronimo.html asking folks to go to the geronimo actual web site.
>
> Steady on. Just prior to that, someone made a change that
> removed geronimo.html from the /projects/ area. The normal process
> with such a sudden break, is to investigate the prior changes that
> caused it.

My problem was that I didn't understand how things worked.  I thought
that all content in the tree got rendered, and was just baffled when
my changes to the cwiki file didn't get added.  Yes, it was my fault,
I suppose, but please, add a feature in Forrest to show a list of
files it found that it won't process. I think that really help users.

geir

geirm@apache.org