incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:24:31 GMT
Hi,

-0 (non-binding)

Not to throw a monkey wrench into this, but:

Are we really sure that it's that easy changing an email alias at
graduation time? Unlike svn repos that only a few folks use, mailing
lists are widespread. Have you thought about exactly how to
transition from the project-user@incubator.apache.org to project-
user@new-home.apache.org? Will there be a forwarding of the old alias
to the new alias at graduation? How long will the forwarding last?
Will there be a consolidated archive of the old alias and the new
alias? Will there be any continuation of threads from the old alias
to the new alias?

Without a clear policy on the transitioning of the mail lists, and
tools to facilitate the transition I'm not sure it's a good idea.

Craig

> On 18.12.2005, at 05:49, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>> Please vote on the following:
>>
>>   New mailing lists should be created under the
>>   @incubator.apache.org domain, just as all of
>>   the other project resources, e.g., the web
>>   site and SVN subtree.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!