incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roy T. Fielding <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate Tuscany SOA Project
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 07:12:15 GMT
On Dec 1, 2005, at 3:18 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> [I'm having mail problems but saw Roy's reply and want to respond,
> because this is important, and I want to understand if I grok the
> problem]

Everyone is having mail problems -- the apache relay is misbehaving.

> Roy Responded :
>> Sure, but unless the proposal reflects that effort I will vote
>> against it.
>> SOA should not be the proposal.
>
> I think I understand the problem - it's the presentation in the
> proposal - and having reviewed the proposal, I should have caught
> it.   It reads like "mubble wubble SOA  woogie blah foo SOA fwink
> thoobie wk SOA  boo SOA apooth SOA SOA ... SOA ... "
>
> However, this proposal is about SCA specifically, not SOA generally.

No, the proposal is all about SOA.  What you are saying is that the
*actual plan* is about SCA.  What I am saying is that the proposal
needs to match the actual plan, preferably a plan that is actionable,
rather than a statement of how happy the SOA community may someday be.

I think everyone understands that now, yet nobody has updated the wiki.
There's no rush, I guess, but I do want to be clear that an e-mail
exchange is not the same as recording a mission statement that people
outside the proposal authors will understand.

....Roy