incubator-general mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate Tuscany SOA Project
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:25:24 GMT
Firstly I have to say I support this on principle. I think - looking at the
documents briefly - that there is overlap to a number of Apache projects (
e.g. HiveMind),
but I believe in a broad set of components in Apache. I know that the
proposal has a wide variety of experienced Apache committers, but if I am
happy to help mentor this.

Now - can someone give me an idea of how "open" the model is? In other words
are the specifications behind Tuscany open to being modified? Will they be
submitted to a standards body and in what timeframe? It would be good to
know that Apache and in particular the committers can have input into the
model and not just write code to a fixed specification that has no way for
committers to improve except if they work for one of the publishing
companies.

Paul